Kidsbridge now offers a mobile outreach program to bring our small group, interactive learning model into your classroom. Our trained facilitators conduct sessions which include: small group activities, theater/role play, movement, journaling, and guided relaxation.
All programs include:
Pre-visit information via a Teacher’s Guide
Post-visit activity: Conflict Resolution Puppets – This follow-up activity is a fun tool for further role play and problem-solving. Teachers receive skit scenarios and puppet show guidelines including a media literacy lesson on how to watch skits/TV/Internet programs respectfully.
Length of Program: 5 sessions which may be scheduled weekly, bi-weekly, or every 2 weeks
Length of Sessions: 40-50 minutes
Class size: Maximum 24 students
Note: Our facilitators may request assistance from the classroom teacher or other school staff. Guidelines for assistance will be provided.
- Introduce program core concepts including: UPstander behavior; handling feelings with movement, breathing and guided meditation.
- UPstander Skills — Explore empathy & empowerment. Model practical, actionable strategies for dealing with bullying and cyber-bullying.
- Diversity Appreciation — Sharpen critical thinking skills relating to bias and stereotypes in order to inspire respect.
- Collaborating with Others — A literature-based activity promoting caring, empathy, and working together.
- Strengths & Teamwork — Discover strengths for personal empowerment; value others’ strengths and challenges.